Bittrex Global is committed to making sure our services are not used to launder money, support terrorism, commit fraud or other illegal activities. Identity verification helps protect Bittrex Global users from theft, fraud and abuses on the Bittrex Global platform. Additionally, Bittrex Global must comply with 4th EU Money Laundering Directive (EU) 2015/849, concerning Economic Transactions with Foreign States (Sanctions Act) and other legal and regulatory requirements. We take these compliance obligations seriously and appreciate your assistance in this manner. Please note, in order to participate in our fiat trading, you must complete identity verification.
In order to verify your account, login to your account at global.bittrex.com and click on "Account," and navigate to "Identity Verification." You will be asked to add your profile details and upload a selfie and government identification to start the verification process. For step-by-step instructions on how to complete identity verification, please click here.
- Selfie issues: Users must take a new “selfie” to complete verification. If you do not have a camera on your computer, please select the Issuing Country/Region and ID Type. The next page will prompt you to submit your ID, to which you can select 'Switch to mobile?' and choose the option that works best for you (email, QR code, copy link) to continue on your mobile device. By submitting a selfie, users may avoid the primary reason people encounter identity verification delays. *Please make sure to keep your web page open while using your mobile device. Note: Chrome is our most supported browser.
- Proper document type/photo: Users should make sure the proper document type/photo is selected and follow the instructions on when and how to upload the document. For example, if a user is uploading a passport, the system may reject the document if the picture does not capture the entire passport. Users are instructed to take a picture of the front and back of the proper ID.
- Unreadable IDs: If an ID is not readable or otherwise unable to be verified as a legally issued government ID, users will fail verification and will not have access to the Bittrex Global trading platform.
- Non-Latin characters on the Government IDs: Government IDs issued by certain countries contain Latin character sets that are not readable. For these IDs, Bittrex Global performs additional steps to verify ID information, often through manual intervention. To ensure a timely review, please use international passports as these documents support Latin characters.
- Do not open multiple support tickets for ID verification: Users may experience process delays if multiple issues are opened for the same ID verification issue.
Bittrex Global enforces withdrawal limits to protect customer accounts.
- ID Verified Accounts (without 2FA): Verified accounts can currently withdraw 1 (or equivalent) BTC per day.
- ID Verified Accounts (with 2FA enabled): ID verified accounts can withdraw 100 (or equivalent) BTC per day with 2FA enabled. Once you have been verified please make sure to enable 2FA from your settings to increase your limits to the 100 BTC max.
If you have any issues with identity verification, please submit a ticket.