This document provides detailed trading rules for operating the Bittrex Global trading platform. This document does not create any legal rights but is provided for your information. The relationship between Bittrex Global and its customers is governed solely by the Terms of Service that you agreed to when creating your account.
Trading on the Bittrex Global platform
To place an order on the order book, a trader must have an available balance of the relevant asset in their account to cover the total value of the order plus any applicable fees.
Order book posting
Please verify all orders before confirming. All orders are final once submitted and Bittrex Global is unable to issue a refund.
Orders placed on the order book are prioritized based on price.
- Buy orders are prioritized in decreasing order of prices with the highest bid placed at the top.
- Sell orders are prioritized in increasing order of prices with the lowest ask placed at the top.
Orders with same prices are aggregated in the order book and are filled in a first in, first out (FIFO) manner. Bittrex Global settles all filled orders immediately, by debiting and crediting the relevant balances of assets in both traders’ accounts.
Bittrex Global is committed to providing fair and efficient price discovery. The limits and statements below are designed to improve the overall trading experience on Bittrex Global markets.
Minimum trade size
All cryptocurrency orders placed on the Bittrex Global platform are subject to the following minimum order sizes:
- The minimum trade size is 10,000 satoshis. There is also a minimum trade quantity.
Maximum trade size
There is no maximum but the user must have sufficient funds to cover the order at the time it is placed. The funds will be placed on reserve until the order is executed or cancelled.
All trades incur a commission charge based on several factors. Please see the article: Bittrex Global Fees.
Transaction fees (blockchain)
- There are no fees for deposits. Please be aware that some coins require Bittrex Global to move your funds to another address before Bittrex Global credits them. Therefore, the coins network will charge you the normal transaction fee for this send and is not under Bittrex Global’s control.
- There is a minimum deposit amount, which varies by currency. Fox example, the minimum TRX deposit is currently 0.5 TRX, but this amount can vary from time to time.
- Bittrex Global's intention is to not make any profits on withdrawals. However, each coin has a network transfer fee that is built into the coin and varies from time to time. This means that Bittrex Global must charge a small amount which is estimated to cover this fee. You can view the current fee for a coin by clicking the withdraw button for the respective coin, which displays the transaction fee.
Bittrex Global provides a simple and powerful REST API to allow you to programmatically perform nearly all actions you can from our web interface.
Bittrex Global currently restricts orders to 1,000 open orders and 500,000 orders a day. Bittrex Global reserves the right to change these settings as we tune the system.
- Improper API use affects the efficiency of the platform for our customers, and Bittrex Global has enabled variable throttling on all endpoints to mitigate the adverse effects of this improper behavior.
- API users will be permitted to make a limited number of API calls per minute, and calls after the limit will fail, with throttle settings automatically resetting at the start of the next minute.
For more information regarding Bittrex Global’s API developer’s guide and websocket API documentation, please visit Bittrex Developers.
Bittrex Global actively discourages any type of market manipulation. Consistent with our terms of service, we will suspend and close any accounts engaging in these types of activities and notify the appropriate authorities. Market manipulation activities include, but are not limited to:
- Pump and dumps
- Traders drum up enthusiasm for a coin by evangelizing it on multiple channels, including social media, instigating a coordinated purchasing frenzy to drive the price higher before traders dump the coin for a profit.
- Wash trading
- Selling and repurchasing the same coin to generate activity and increasing the price.
- Placing an order which would result in self-execution, where the same trader would act as both the maker and taker for the trade.
- Entering a trade with prior knowledge of a future transaction that will affect the price of the asset.
- Placing both buy and sell orders nearly at the same price to increase the price by attracting more traders.
- Quote stuffing
- Quickly entering and withdrawing large quantities of orders attempting to flood the market, thereby gaining an advantage over slower market participants. Generally, this is conducted by using high frequency trading programs.
- A strategy in high-frequency trading where a trader makes and then cancels orders that they never intend to have executed in hopes of influencing an assets price.
In an unforeseen situation, in which, traders are having technical difficulties placing/cancelling orders, fulfilling transactions, or for scheduled downtimes, Bittrex Global may, in its discretion, take one or more of the following actions to remedy any technical issues or conduct general maintenance. This can include:
- Temporarily disable depositing or withdrawing assets
- Temporarily disable API trading
- Disable the ability to place new orders and cancel open orders
- Disable sign-in and access to the web interface
- Banning an account for suspected fraudulent activity or for abusing the API endpoints with an excessive number of redundant calls
 Customers should be aware that conditional orders are placed only after the specified price is reached. As a result, there is no guarantee that an order will get filled at the expected price, or at all, during times of high price volatility.