Adding IP and crypto wallet addresses to your Allowlists is a great way to protect your account in the event that you lose your credentials or API keys.
Adding one or more IP addresses to your IP Address Allowlist tells Bittrex Global to only authorize trades or withdrawals from those IPs. This includes both the global.bittrex.com web interface and API based trades or withdrawals.
This does not prevent log ins from different IP addresses, to do that you will need to change your Trusted Device settings.
Adding a crypto wallet address to your Withdrawal Allowlist tells Bittrex Global to only authorize withdrawals to that address for that specific coin/token. This includes both the global.bittrex.com web interface and API based withdrawals.
Here are some tips to help resolve any issues with adding IP and/or crypto wallet addresses to the Allowlists on your Bittrex Global account:
It's important to determine which type of IP address you are trying to add to the Allowlist, as not all of them are supported by Bittrex Global:
- Static - indicates that the IP address remains the same every time you log in to your network, is currently supported
- Dynamic - indicates that the IP address changes every time you log in to your network, is currently supported
- IPv4 - is currently supported (e.g. 192.168.115.1).
- IPv6 - is not supported (e.g. 2001:0AB8:CD10:FE01:0000:0000:0000:0000).
This process is ideal for customers with a static IPv4 address, because although you can use a dynamic IPv4 address, but you would need to add each new IP address to your Allowlist. To resolve any issues, try the following:
- Remove any IPv6 addresses from your Allowlist.
- If the above does not resolve the issue or is not applicable, remove all IP addresses and re-add all supported IP addresses to your Allowlist.
It's important to remember that that when using this feature, you will need to add an address for each coin/token you would like to withdraw from. For example, if you added a crypto wallet address to your Withdrawal Allowlist for one coin/token, you will then need to specify a withdrawal address for every coin/token in your account. If you are receiving the following error, this most likely means the address you are attempting to send the currency to has not been added to your Withdrawal Allowlist:
Visit this article for instructions to add a crypto wallet address to your Withdrawal Allowlist.
If you continue to have issues, please contact Bittrex Global Support so we can help.